Challenges During The Transition From Opencart To Magento 2.
It’s open-source and feature-rich, so it’s built to your customized tastes. It is SEO-enabled, and is great for promoting an easy-to-use online store.
Key insights and challenges during the transition from Opencart to Magenta2 are?
Both Magento 2 and OpenCart share many common features. Some important features are:
- Developed with PHP
- It is open-source and supports several currency and language packs.
- Very popular with the huge developer community for assistance.
Startup e-commerce shops also often choose Opencart over Magento because it is a more user-friendly admin panel. Opencart does not require specific technical skills to administer.
In addition, OpenCart offers an easy-to-use command management interface and built-in payment and transport integration for each. Opencart simplifies the lives of retailers entering the e-commerce ecosystem for the first time.
However, over the last eight years of promoting e-commerce development services, there has been a growing trend towards Magento.
Now, the site is collaborating with one client to share their expertise and try to answer:
- The exact reason why the client felt the demand for the migration from Opencart to Magento 2.
- A strategy for migrating Opencart to Magento 2.
- Challenges faced during the transition.
So tighten the buckle and let’s get started.
Reasons to move from OpenCart to Magento 2
Opencart works very well as an e-commerce CMS, but it has its own limitations that can get messy as the store begins to grow.
- During the period, Opencart will begin to be operational inadequate while providing basic features. Features such as clients, orders, inventory, and innovative store analytics management in an effective way.
- As data grows, every e-commerce store needs an effective cache. For opencart, there is nothing by default. Retailers will invest a lot of time and money to set up opencart.
- opencart is open source, but customization options remain limited. When it comes to advanced customization, the opencart structure is so difficult to achieve. Because of this, programmers rarely need to make changes to their core files and have no options to override with extensions.
All of these drawbacks are the strengths of Magento, which is highly extensible. Magento 2 has a built-in cache, and provides a much more functional way for customization.
Compared to Opencart, Magento is certainly out of resources and encourages you to buy its hosting program. Its service is justified when it comes to the features it offers to help your company grow.
Related Article: 11 Amazing Advances in Gaming Technology
An approach to follow the transition from OpenCart to Magento 2
The task was placed on the desk and the purpose was clear.
- Migrate your e-commerce store from Opencart to Magento 2.1 with the new look and feel.
- Each data should be seamlessly migrated to a new shop such as:
- Over 9000 products.
- Over 2,50,000 contracts.
- 2,000,000+ customer profiles.
- Stores should be up and running during minimal and business hours to ensure that SEO is not lost and downtime is minimized.
Step 1: Make a copy of the entire OpenCart store to prepare for unexpected situations.
Step 2: Customs about staging servers Design HTML for Magento themes.
Step 3: Convert HTML to Magento theme and install required extensions to improve frontend and backend functionality. When complete, test the theme with different pressure levels and equipment to ensure stability and performance.
Step 4: Develop a custom script (for example, all product versions and attributes) to migrate your product from OpenCart to Magento.
Step 5: Create a personalized script to evaluate all custom-made information from Opencart to Magento, including client details such as name, profile username, password, password, contact number, shipping address, etc. To do. The script ensured that the password was migrated. It remains encrypted and your information is not compromised.
Step 6: Order status and data migration will be migrated from OpenCart to Magento.
Step 7: Set up a 301 redirect for lossless SEO migration of URLs.
Step 8: Establish payment and transport gateways as needed in Magento.
Step 9: P performs a comprehensive quality assessment of both the front end and the back end to ensure that the migration is done according to expectations and pre-written test instances. Our QA utilizes both automated and manual testing techniques to ensure the validity of your data.
Step 10: Upload your website live and analyze and calculate the time required to review it for redundancy. Transfer your website live on a schedule with minimal customer downtime.
With a planned approach by experts, the migration was achieved on time and the upgraded store was up and running without delay.
Issues to be addressed
As expected, none of the instances burst as a challenge during the migration from Opencart to Magenta2. The entire process was accurately planned and executed by an experienced e-commerce programmer and was normal throughout the transition period.
On the other hand, the only challenge the team faced was when upgrading the stage from Magento 2.1 to 2.2.
Previously, it was planned to upgrade the store to Magento 2.2, but the shop has more than 50 extensions. These include extensions such as Megamenu, Amasty POS, affiliate programs, Klarna vouchers and Magenta2 banner sliders. others.
After updating the shop, it was found that about half of these extensions were incompatible with Anti-Inflammation 2.2. The client continued to stick to Magento 2.2, so we decided to override the wrong extension with a patch that resolves the compatibility issue.
Approximately 20 of these spots were fully compliant with anti-inflammatory standards and were coded by professional Magento developers who did not touch the core Magento files.
If you run an e-commerce store on Opencart, do you eventually need to move to a more reliable system like Magento? Yes, No. It depends entirely on your business model and what your growth requirements are. Opencart has limitations in terms of scalability and performance for large stores that need attention.
Want to switch to Magento from Opencart or other platforms? Contact a professional Magento developer now to make a free reservation and find out the store prerequisites.
Related Article: 11 Amazing Advances in Gaming Technology