How to Share MTN Data ( Data transfer Code).
Just as you share your MTN airtime with family and friends to put smiles on their faces, you can equally share your MTN Data with them just by using the USSD code. So many persons are not familiar with this.
All you have to do is to have existing data on your MTN SIM that will enable you to share. It is worthy to note that your MTN Data can only be shared to MTN lines too.
I bet that at some point, you do ask for data from your friends and they equally ask from you. Once you subscribe and for any reason you feel that you have sufficient megabytes or it is much at the moment, MTN says today, ” you can share it”. You can equally share to your other MTN SIMs for modems, other smartphones or tablets.
*131# is the MTN data code.
We need to know first, the three simple ways you can share MTN data. These include:
- Through MTN gifting
- MTN SME Data Share
- MTN Data share
Now how do you go about it?
We are here to show you how to share data using the MTN transfer Code. Let’s get to it.
MTN Data Through MTN Gifting
MTN requires that you must have at least 50MB in your data plan before you can share data. This doesn’t mean that if you have 50MB in your data plan, you can share 500MB with another person or to your other SIMs.
Note: Your data plan is the particular subscription you did, either daily, weekly or monthly until it expires.
Again, it is worthy to note that the maximum data you can share daily is 1GB and that can only be done twice (500MB twice or as the case may be). Once you exceed two times, you cannot share till the next day.
Most times when you subscribe to a data plan, MTN would give you a bonus that will be exciting to even decide to share with people. You are not allowed to share bonus megabytes.
Ways to share MTN Data through MTN gifting
1. MTN *131#
You can use this code to share data if you want to follow it step by step so as not to make any mistake such as sending data to the wrong person or not sending the exact megabytes intended to. The step-by-step options can allow you to cancel any wrong transaction once you notice.
How can you share data using this code? Step by step guide.
- Dial *131# and follow the prompts. You will be given options to select. Something like this:
● Select 6: Gift data
2. Enter recipient MTN phone number.
3. Select the number of megabytes you wish to share. You will have options like this:
4. Tap send/ok after selecting the amount.
You will be prompted to confirm or cancel the transfer.
5. Press ‘proceed’ if you wish to continue. That’s it.
You will be notified of the successful transfer immediately on your phone’s screen as well as via SMS.
Dial*131*4# or send 2 to 131 via SMS to check your data balance. This you can also tell your family and friends.
2. The second USSD format for sharing data is by inputting:
- *131*phone number*data amount#. (Do this without spacing the numbers). For instance, *131*08020000000*500#.
- Send after dialing the above. You will receive confirmation of the successful transfer on your screen and via SMS.
Another option related to the second USSD format is via text message.
- In your message app, type: Transfer (space) Recipients MTN phone number (space)Data amount and send to 131.
For instance: Transfer 08020000000 500, then send. You will be equally notified about the successful transfer through the same 131 message platform.
Data sharing or transfer is free. You can start sharing today. Do well to tell others too.
This particular format does not give you step-by-step options that can allow you to change your mind or cancel any wrong transfer. Confirm the number and amount before sending ok.
MTN Data Through MTN SME Data Share (Prepaid Service)
This method is basically for business owners to buy data bundles and share them with their staff. With this method, they can centrally manage internet usage per staff across their business.
Requirement: Simply migrate to the MTN SME Plus tariff plan by texting 460 to 131.
After that, to share data:
- Dial *461# and follow instructions.
- You can as well send SMS to 131. For example, SMEA 08020000000 250 1234
Did you notice something? The SMS has a format and it may not be clear to you. Let’s clear you.
The format means that,
- Each data size is represented by an alphabet. For e.g, A for 250MB, B for 500MB, and so on.
- MTN PIN is also needed. For e.g 1234.
- SMEA <PhoneNumber> 250 <PIN> to 131 For 250mb
- SMEB <PhoneNumber> 500 <PIN> to 131 For 500mb
- SMEC <PhoneNumber> 1000 <PIN> to 131. For 1GB
- SMED <PhoneNumber> 2000 <PIN> to 131. For 2GB
- SMEE <PhoneNumber> 5000 <PIN> to 131. For 5GB
MTN Data Through MTN Share
This method is related to MTN Airtime transfer. This means that you need to do a one-time activation to be able to share data with potential beneficiaries.
However, this is basically for Postpaid subscribers only and it goes with definite data plans they can use. Its total Bundle comprises (Data Plan + Data Delight). You need to be notified before you go for this particular data-sharing method.
Read also: How to login Eskimi with a Facebook account
What are the data plans, amount, bundle code and validity?
- 250MB + 125MB = 375MB goes for N1,300. Code –*109#, 30 Days
- 500MB + 250MB = 750MB goes for N2,000. Code — *110#. 30 Days
- 1GB + 500MB = 1.5GB goes for N3,500. Code — *111# 30 Days
- 3GB + 1.5GB = 4.5GB goes for N6,500. Code — *129#. 30 Days
- 5GB + 2.5GB = 7.5GB goes for N8,000. Code — *101# 30 Days
If you decide to share, below are the steps involved:
- Step 1: You need to register for MTN Data Share first. To do this, dial *131*2*1# or text REG to 131. you will receive a generated security PIN.
- Step 2: Change the PIN received earlier to a new PIN just as you do after receiving a new ATM card. Dial *131*2*5# or text “Change OLD PIN NEW PIN NEW PIN” to 131 to do this. For E.g Change 0000 1234 to 131. Where 0000 is the old PIN and 1234 is your new PIN.
- Step 3: After creating the new PIN, dial 131*2*3# to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account or you can text “Add” to 131. Up to 5 beneficiaries are still okay.
- Step 4: You can share your available data bundle among the added beneficiaries. Just dial USSD code *131*2*4# and they will receive the data. You can as well send “Share” to 131.
This method is not tiring, right?. Just go for it if you feel so too.
Make your choice from the above either for yourself, family, friends and businesses. Good luck.
Read more: Apple iPhone 13 Rumors New Camera Design
How to Share MTN Data ( Data transfer Code)